11/26/10

The return of hot yoga and cheese

Hey!

I finally got my half-marathon training program in the mail.  I'm so excited. The only problem is it is a 13 week training program and I am about 7 months away from race day. I'm going to do the first 7 weeks and see how I feel. I also want to incorporate a 10 km training program after as well. I'm running one on April 17th. Hmm, this may take a little more organization. I start my first week next Tuesday.

Today I went to Bikram yoga for the first time in 2 months! Man, 90 minutes in a 40 degree room really kicked my butt, however I did feel awesome after a nice shower and some water. I have a pass to do unlimited yoga for 30 days. I plan on going 1-2 times a week as I will be running 3 times a week.

Phew, all that working out makes a girl hungry. Here are a few things I have been eating this week: 

Vegan Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti, with toast and vegan parmesan cheese (recipe coming soon)

Stuffed pork tenderloin (mushrooms, celery, bread, red peppers) and roasted baby potatoes made by my sweetie. I contributed the sauteed mushrooms and spinach salad.


Vegan Enchiladas with avocado and mixed greens.
 Vegan Enchiladas

  • 1 cup pinto beans pureed with 4 T salsa
  • 1 cup brown rice
  • 1/4 cup onion
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • 1/2 cup kale 
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms
  • 1 tomato
  • 6 whole-wheat wraps
  • 4-5 T hummus
  • 1.5 T nutrional yeast
  • 6 T salsa 
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp cayenne
Once the rice is cooked mixed it with the pureed pinto bean/salsa mixture add cumin and cayenne. Saute vegetables in extra-virgin olive oil. Line a casserole dish with parchment paper.  Take a wrap and put 1.5 T of bean-rice mixture in middle and 1.5 T sauteed vegetables. Wrap and place in casserole dish. Spoon 1 T salsa over top. Repeat with other 5 wraps. 

For vegan cheese sauce mix hummus and nutritional yeast together add water as needed for consistency.  Spoon over wraps.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. 


 Since October 23rd I have been on a dairy-free diet. Challenging for a girl who would go through a large container of feta cheese (my favorite!) in a week. I have to say I feel awesome. It started as giving up cheese but then a few days into it I decided to commit to no dairy whatsoever. My boyfriend gave up cheese (for the most part) during this month as well. We decided when it was over we would have a cheese night. 

Boy, did we ever. 


Take one part delicious red wine, one part crusty bread and 3 parts cheese = Happy Andrea 

TLC whole-wheat crackers, Canape Malba rounds, jalapeno havarti and marble cheddar cheese

Salad, crusty bread, J Lohr Cabernet and down in the bottom the brie which got missed in the shot

 
 I loved every moment of this dinner. We had a salad along side the cheese. It did make me realize that I don't need to eat cheese everyday. Shocking, I know. After tasting the buttery brie and the sharp cheddar for the first time in a month, I liked the treat aspect of it. So even though there are left-overs in my fridge I have yet to touch them. Looking forward to eating something makes it taste that much better. So, I am back to my no dairy diet but in less of a strict way. If it is unavoidable or I really want it then dairy it is, otherwise I will stick to my almond milk and earth balance.


 I think I will head to bed now. I have to work all day tomorrow. Look forward to Gooey Chocolate-Mint Vegan cookies and Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti recipes next time.

 Night!



No comments:

Post a Comment